Seed & Stone is a licensed retail dispensary with locations across British Columbia. For us, it is all about showing gratitude for the simpler things in life and appreciating life’s journey. We seek to redefine the cannabis retail experience by offering a unique and inviting take on wellness and a return to nature.
Embracing these core concepts allows Seed & Stone to establish trust and a deeper connection to our customers, community, and their values.
We are excited to hire a team of enthusiastic, customer-service oriented, experienced leaders who are passionate about cannabis. We hire outgoing, motivated, detail-oriented, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and thrive in fast-paced environments.
What will you do:
- Supervise all activities that take place on the retail sales floor and business premises.
- Listen to customer complaints, diffuse tense situations and resolve any customer-facing issues
- Open and close the store and facilitate seamless shift turnovers. Communicate goals clearly and inspire all team members to achieve given targets while leading by example and paving the way for improving our goals as a company.
- Coach and inspire employees to grow with the company
- Ensure that all customers are being treated with the highest level of customer service
- Perform cash drops and assist the General Manager with any cash management and staff duties
- Advise customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis.
- Maintain positive customer relationships to establish a loyal customer base
- Maintain and routinely update knowledge of new product inventory and the cannabis industry as a whole
- Process customers' payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensure that the dispensary is clean and well-organized at all times.
- Be responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy, safe, and inviting store environment
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedure
Who We Are Looking For:
- MUST be able to pass a background check and obtain all licences pertaining to LCRB and local municipality standards
- MUST be 19 years of age or older
- Ownership mindset – self-starters who know how to figure things out and know when to ask for help
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively handle a wide array of customers and staff
- Professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, upper management and vendors
- High school diploma; associate degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree even better!
- Desire and Passion to learn about cannabis and to remove the stigma surrounding the plant
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional, tidy appearance and good personal hygiene
- Ability to consistently work weekdays; the flexibility to sometimes work nights, holidays and weekends
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5 + years retail/sales/customer service experience in leading a team with proven success
- Strong cash handling skills
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record in sales
- A driven, self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail, well-organized and reliable
- An aspirational attitude with a fun and positive personality while still being professional and eager to succeed
- Welcomes change and adjusts quickly to accommodate the business’s needs
- Extended Health Care benefits
- Sales Incentive program after 3-6 months
- Discount on products
- Ability to grow with Seed and Stone organization